Chef’s Note: I enjoy making, and eating salads, especially when they are quick and easy to prepare. This Raspberry and Cherry Tomato salad is one of my all-time favourites. With summer here, I want something that is easy and tasty with a kick to it as I lounge on the deck or wherever I may find myself on a hot summer evening….Enjoy!
• Colourful and firm cherry tomatoes (slice about 20 cherry tomatoes in a half)
• Two blood oranges (peel, cut into thin slices)
• 2 radishes (thinly sliced)
• Two hand fulls of raspberries (if you like raspberries use the whole container)
• Belgium endives (break off about 6 to 10 leaves)
Directions/Ingredients for making your Vinaigrette:
• Take 2 tablespoons of rice wine
• Take 2 tablespoons of honey
• Take 2 tablespoons of virgin Italian Olive Oil
• Take 1 tablespoon of minced chilli
• Take 3 tablespoons of warm water
• Take One cup of fish sauce
• Take half a teaspoon of sugar
• Season with kosher salt and grounded pepper (to your liking).
Mix all the ingredients of the salad in a bowl, mix the vinaigrette ingredients (stir with a spoon or whisk them together. Once all ingredients are mixed, drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad ingredients and enjoy this simple explosion of the fruits and vegetables.
Chef Stephan Schulz works across Canada with corporations and with food brokers developing recipes for major restaurants and restaurant chains across Canada. Follow Chef Schulz on instagram for his daily recipe and plated photo posts: https://www.instagram.com/chef_schulz
Other articles from totimes.ca – otttimes.ca – mtltimes.ca